Visit the lds.org parking website for parking information.
Mormon Tabernacle Choir rehearsals are open to the public every Thursday from 7:30 to 9:30 p.m. in the Tabernacle on Temple Square. From June through August, and during the month of December, Thursday rehearsals and the weekly broadcast of Music and the Spoken Word will be held in the Conference Center.
There are occasional exceptions to this Thursday night schedule. For example: major holidays, recording sessions, or when the Choir is out of town. These exceptions are posted on the Mormon Tabernacle Choir website as soon as they are known.
Upcoming Exceptions to Public Rehearsal Schedule:
- January 12, 2017: Public rehearsal will end at 8:15 p.m. due to a recording session. Visitors may enter the rehearsal at 7:10 p.m. instead of 7:30 p.m. on this night.
- January 19, 2017: Choir rehearsal cancelled due to Choir’s travel to Washington DC to perform in the swearing-in ceremonies of the 45thPresident of the United States.
- February 9, 2017: Choir rehearsal cancelled due to the Choir’s ticketed concert for the 2017 RootsTech Conference, “Music—It Runs in the Family,” held in the Conference Center. Those without tickets are invited to stand by for last-minute seating. The standby line will form at the north gate on Temple Square at 6 p.m. for the evening performances.
- March 16, 2017: The public rehearsal in the Tabernacle will be the Temple Square Chorale and Orchestra at Temple Square’s Spring Concert dress rehearsal.
- May 11, 2017: Choir’s public rehearsal cancelled due to recording session.
- September 14, 2017: Choir’s public rehearsal cancelled due to recording session.
- December 14, 2017: Choir’s rehearsal cancelled. This night will be a ticketed Christmas concert in the Conference Center. Those without tickets are invited to stand by for last-minute seating. The standby line will form at the north gate on Temple Square at 6 p.m. for the evening performances.
- December 28, 2017: Choir’s rehearsal cancelled due to the holidays.