Los Angeles Concert Announced for 2018 Tour!
A new concert location has been announced—The Music Center’s Walt Disney Concert Hall in Los Angeles, California—for the Mormon Tabernacle Choir and Orchestra at Temple Square’s 2018 Classic Coast Tour this summer. The concert in Los Angeles on Wednesday, June 20 completes the list of seven locations where the Choir and Orchestra will perform. The 2018 Classic Coast Tour begins on Monday, June 18, and will conclude 16 days later on Tuesday, July 3, 2018, with visits to California, Washington, and Vancouver, Canada.
“We are thrilled to be able to return to The Music Center’s Walt Disney Concert Hall, which is one of the most acoustically sophisticated concert halls in the world,” remarked Ron Jarrett, president of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. “In such a hall the music of the Choir and Orchestra envelops the audience in a blanket of elegant sounds.” The Choir and Orchestra performed in this hall in 2005 for a concert at the American Choral Directors Association Conference.
Tickets for the concert will go on sale Friday, April 13 at 10:00 a.m. Pacific Daylight Time. Links to purchase tickets as well as ticket price information can be found at motab.org/tourtickets. Seating is limited at this location and tickets are anticipated to sell quickly.
TICKET PURCHASE INFORMATION for Choir tour locations is available at motab.org/tourtickets. Tickets are currently available on-line for Costa Mesa, Berkeley, and Rohnert Park, California and Seattle, Washington. Los Angeles tickets go on sale on Friday, April 13. Tickets at Costa Mesa and Seattle are limited so act now.
LOCATIONS AND VENUE specific information links for the 2018 Classic Coast Tour Concert are available here.
- June 19, Tuesday; Costa Mesa, CAat Renée Segerstrom Concert Hall
- June 20, Wednesday; Los Angeles, CA at The Music Center’s Walt Disney Concert Hall
- June 23, Saturday; Berkeley, CA at the William Randolph Hearst Greek Theatre
- June 25, Monday; Mountain View, CA at the Shoreline Amphitheatre
- June 27, Wednesday; Rohnert Park, CA at Weill Hall + Lawn at the Green Music Center
- June 30, Saturday; Vancouver, B.C., Canada at The Orpheum
- July 2, Monday; Seattle, WA, at S. Mark Taper Auditorium at Benaroya Hall
EVENTS ON TEMPLE SQUARE DURING THE TOUR
Since many visitors will come to Temple Square unaware that the Choir and Orchestra will be on tour, substitute events are planned during their absence.