New Mormon Tabernacle Choir & Friends CD announced!
On May 12, 2017, the Mormon Tabernacle Choir and Orchestra at Temple Square will release their newest recording, Mormon Tabernacle Choir & Friends, featuring twelve special performers who have all become dear friends. Even though the official release date is in May, the CD is available now for pre-order on Deseret Book and Amazon.
The Mormon Tabernacle Choir has been performing for over 170 years. During those years, the Choir has become a leading choral ensemble, earned global recognition for its unique heritage and sound, and enjoyed the privilege of collaborating with some of the finest musical talents—not only in the sacred choral repertory for which the Choir is renowned, but in a diverse range of styles and genres, from rock and roll, pop, and Broadway, to classical vocal and instrumental.
For this special album, the Choir has assembled an unprecedented collection of recordings taken from standout performances over the past 15 years. Many performances were recorded at the 20,000 seat Conference Center on Temple Square in Salt Lake City. In addition, some were created specifically for this album, including new recordings with Amy Grant, Santino Fontana, Renée Fleming, and The King’s Singers.
Here are the Choir friends and music included on this amazing CD:
- Sting and Yo-Yo Ma—“Fragile”
- David Foster—“The Prayer” from Quest for Camelot
- Amy Grant—“Thy Word”
- James Taylor—“That Lonesome Road”
- Santino Fontana—“He Lives in You” from The Lion King
- Renée Fleming—“How Can I Keep from Singing?”
- Brian Stokes Mitchell—“Through Heaven’s Eyes” from The Prince of Egypt
- Sissel—“Vitae Lux”
- Bryn Terfel—“Homeward Bound”
- Angela Lansbury—“Beauty and the Beast” from Beauty and the Beast
- The King's Singers—“I’m Runnin’ On”
It’s a compilation of great performances that will enable listeners to experience the music of the Choir and Orchestra in a very different way!