Glad Christmas Tidings: Live in Concert (2011)
During December 2010, the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, Orchestra at Temple Square, and Bells on Temple Square were joined by singing sensation David Archuleta and world-renowned actor Michael York in a series of concerts that gloried in the old-time pioneer Christmases of centuries past.
- Language English
- UPC Code 781609 - 070007, 781609 - 086756
- Media Types DVD; Blu-ray
- TracksTitleTrack Time
- 01Processional: " A Christmas Roundelay"4:46
- 02Joy to the World3:20
- 03The Cat and the Mouse Carol6:28
- 04"Gloria in excelsis" from Mass in C Minor K 4212:23
- 05Gesù bambino4:21
- 06"Ring Out, Ye Crystal Spheres" from Hodie4:29
- 07Los pastores a belén2:58
- 08Silent Night4:45
- 09Three Dancing Carols5:47
- 10A Holiday Hoedown for Organ ("Deck Them Halls")2:17
- 11Sing, Choirs of Angels!14:58
- 12Away in a Manger3:34
- 13Luke 2: The Christmas Story
- 14Angels, from the Realms of Glory4:39
The Mormon Tabernacle Choir and Orchestra on Temple Square unite with award-winning pop sensation David Archuleta and Grammy award nominee Michael York for an energetic Christmas celebration of magnificent proportion. Recorded in front of live audiences totaling over 80,000 in the Conference Center at Temple Square in Salt Lake City, this spectacular event combines elegant dancing, masterful musical performances, and dignified storytelling. Complete with Yuletide favorites like "Silent Night" and "Joy to the World," this memorable performance also includes unique music like "Los pastores a belen," sung by David Archuleta entirely in Spanish. Michael York's touching tale about the humble beginnings of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, together with moving organ, choir, and orchestra performances make this production an invaluable treasure. Take home this live holiday celebration today and enjoy it for many Christmases to come.
Go with us to the Conference Center soundstage and hear David Archuleta and Michael York describe their unique experiences in performing with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir and Orchestra at Temple Square.
Backstage with David Archuleta
Backstage with Michael York